- 2 medium size scallops
- White pepper
- Knob of butter
- 200g of sweetcorn (can be frozen)
- 150ml chicken stock
- Knob of butter
- Double cream
- 1 courgette
- 1 lemon
- 50g of cheery vine tomatoes
- Pinch of maldon salt
- 1 clove of garlic
- Olive oil
- 3 thin slices of pancetta
Pan fried scallops with crispy pancetta, sweetcorn, roasted cherry tomatoes & courgette noodles
- Season your scallops with salt and pepper, meanwhile get your frying pan hot with a splash of cooking oil.
- Put your scallops on and leave it for a minute to get them golden brown and crispy.
- Flip it on the other side and do it again but add a small knob of butter, and take it off from the heat.
Sweetcorn puree method:
- Bring chicken stock to boil, add sweetcorn, simmer for about 20 minutes until stock being reduced to minimum.
- Add your butter and splash of cream, leaving on for another 5 minutes.
- The whole mix should be mushy and soft.
- Put it in to puree blender and blitz it until almost smooth, add your salt and pepper.
- To get perfectly smooth texture pass it using fine sieve.
- Wash your courgette under cold water.
- Using a mandolin slicer or knife cut it into long thin noodle shape strips.
- Before frying it, season the courgette with salt and pepper.
- Get your pan hot to get perfect sautéed courgette.
- Put noodles in and start cooking, when courgette will start going soft add your knob of butter and squeeze half of the lemon to get complement taste of courgette.
- Wash your tomatoes before using them, meanwhile chop your garlic finely.
- Cut your tomatoes in half and put them in to bowl with garlic and rest of the ingredients.
- Mix it gently all together and leave it to rest for 10 minutes. Put tomatoes on a baking tray with parchment paper on it and bake it for 30 minutes at 90°C.
Put pancetta between 2 baking trays with parchment paper and bake it until golden brown and crispy.
- Spread your hot sweetcorn puree on the plate.
- Place scallops in the middle with noodles on top of it.
- Break your pancetta in pieces and sprinkle it on top of it.
- Place your tomatoes next to the scallops.
- For the garnish use some pea shoots and chargrilled corn.
- Keep your dish in the middle of the plate clean, that will make your dish look tidy.